Spiral wound gaskets
The sealing part of the Spiratem gasket consists of a metal strip spirally wound together with a soft sealing filler. The metal strip gives the gasket excellent flexibility properties, while the pliable sealing filler ensures high sealing performance. Thanks to this material combination, spiral wound gaskets are suitable in applications with highly fluctuating pressures and temperatures of sealed media.
- Spiral wound gaskets are suitable for a wide pressure and temperature ranges
- Spiral wound gaskets can be used for pressures up to 25 MPa and temperatures from -200°C to +550°C / 1100°C
- Thanks to its design it can be easily installed without causing any damage
- The outside guide ring is used to centre the spiral sealing part against the flange and prevents the gasket from blowing out, by combination of various materials and metals, the gaskets can be used in a wide range of operation conditions according to customer specification
- Thanks to the non-adhesive properties of the spiral wound gasket, it can be easily removed during disassembly
- The spiral wound gasket does not damage flange surfaces
- The spiral wound gasket has a very good compressibility and recovery.